OfSTED last visited Harvey Road Primary school in the academic year 2011-2012. The outcome of this inspection was that our school was judged as being outstanding.
Statements in the report included:
- ‘The quality of pupils learning is outstanding.’
- ‘Pupils have an excellent awareness of keeping safe.’
- ‘Close partnerships with external agencies and the school’s outstanding care, guidance and support benefits all pupils, including those whose circumstances may make them more vulnerable.’
For a copy of the full report please see below.
Ofsted Inspection Report – October 2011 – including School Data Dashboard
We were clearly delighted with this outcome as we felt that it accurately reflected the school, the children and the staff and governors at the time.
However, we recognise that this happened some time ago. To gauge a more up to date picture of the quality of opportunity children receive at Harvey Road School below are some extracts from more recent, independent reports written by Hertfordshire County Council Advisors who have assessed the quality of the curriculum and children’s overall experience:
- Pupils at Harvey Road behave impeccably. They have excellent attitudes to school and learning and demonstrate good manners and excellent peer relationships. They are proud of themselves and encouraging of each other. (2021/2022)
- School and subject leaders at Harvey Road School have a really keen insight into the strengths ad areas for development in their school, leaders embrace the challenge of rapidly bring about improvement. (2021/2022)
- Leaders and teachers are excited and passionate about learning and they are keen to explore new and innovative approaches to learning and have high expectations of themselves and their pupils. (2021/2022)
Parental views are always part of our ongoing self-evaluation. As such, we welcome and will respond to comments from parents, not only through the more formal questionnaires that we ask parents to complete, but also on an ad-hoc basis where there is an opportunity to respond to a specific set of circumstances.
Parents also have the opportunity to share their views with OfSTED. This can be accessed through the OfSTED system called Parent View which you can do by clicking on the icon below.