Vision & Values
The School’s Mission Statement:
‘BE HAPPY: SHOW RESPECT: SEEK SUCCESS’
- Offering a high standard of teaching, geared to the National curriculum, which will encourage each child to realise and fulfil his or her potential.
- Providing a safe and caring environment with an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Offering a wide range of tasks, activities and opportunities specially selected to develop children’s individual talents, knowledge and interests.
- Encouraging children to develop personal ideas and values of social awareness, self-discipline and life skills.
- Seeking to understand the needs of individuals and responding to them.
- Developing in all children a sense of enjoyment in learning, the desire and confidence to think for themselves, the ability to be independent learners and the satisfaction of success.
- Setting examples of industry, integrity and trust, that children can clearly see and follow.
- Providing an educationally inclusive school ethos in which the teaching and learning achievements, attitudes and well-being of every person matters.
- Ensuring equality of opportunity which is reflected throughout the organisation of the school and is addressed in the taught and implicit curriculum.
Harvey Road Primary School constantly strives to be an outstanding centre of learning for the whole community. We actively work towards providing an exciting, safe and caring environment where children will succeed. We endeavour to provide a wide range of experiences and opportunities specially selected to develop children’s talents, knowledge and interests in all subjects while maintaining comprehensive equality of opportunity.