We are delighted that our uniform is supplied by Beat School Uniforms.
Harvey Road School expects all pupils to wear a school uniform. This uniform is in place because:
- Children wearing the same uniform will encourage a strong sense of identity and belonging within the ‘family’ of the school
- The uniform sets an appropriate tone and readiness for learning
- Children are easily recognisable and so are safer when travelling to and from school and attending school trips
We are very proud of the way our children present themselves at Harvey Road School. Our uniform is smart and practical, and reflects our attitudes to ourselves and our school.
The uniform consists of:
- Dark blue skirt or pinafore dress
- Dark blue or grey trousers or shorts
- White polo shirt
- Royal blue cardigan, V-neck or crew-neck sweatshirt
- Dark coloured shoes (no trainers)
- White or grey socks (to be worn at all times)
- Navy blue tights (winter)
- Black shoes (not open toed sandals, trainers or ankle boots)
- School fleece – optional and for outdoor wear only
- Blue and white striped or gingham dresses (summer)
PE kit consists of:
- T-shirts for PE in House colours
- Dark coloured shorts
- Plimsolls (EYFS, KS1) or trainers (KS1 or KS2)
- Sweatshirts in House colours
- Royal Blue joggers
- Pair of socks for use in winter if wearing tights
PE Uniform for Nursery Children:
- White t-shirt
- Royal blue sweatshirt
- Jogging bottoms
Please note that it is not compulsory to purchase school uniform that has a school logo on it.
Religious Items of Clothing
The school will look favourably on any items of clothing that need to be worn in connection to religious practices and observances. Such items may include a hijab or a turban, for example.
Jewellery, hair and accessories
- Jewellery should not be worn in school except where a child is wearing jewellery for religious reasons. Where this is the case, parents must write to the school every September acknowledging full responsibility for any injury that may result from wearing jewellery.
- Children who have pierced ears should only have gold or silver studs in their ears. This will need to be removed by your child for PE. For this reason, we would ask that children have their ears pierced at the beginning of the summer holiday.
- No other jewellery is permitted to be worn at school apart from watches
- Hair that is long enough to be tied back should be
- No nail varnish should be worn
- Sun hats should be provided for the summer
- School water bottles can be purchased from the School Office.
Harvey Road School also have nearly new second hand uniforms available to purchase organised by the PTA. Please speak to the school office for further details.